Sunday, May 10, 2020

They taught me how to survive

The Six Words That I'm Still Learning From 20 years Later... and why I'm a prepper.


Even the 'About  Us' page for this site just didn't seem the appropriate place to regaled the tale of how I became a survivalist, prepper, and mom blogger who is determined to raise her kids with the self-sufficiency skills to survive anything life should throw at them.   It's not a short story, and it's not a 'neatly organized story,' It is, however, a powerful story, at least to me, though I did try to tone it down just a little bit to keep it from getting too dark. 

 It definitely needed a 'home of it's own,'

I found that home on "Medium.com" in the wee hours of the morning. Quite by accident too.  I was looking into Medium for it's curation and for other 'survival' and 'prepper,' bloggers to follow and connect with.  I found myself reading articles from other 'survivalist,' bloggers and I started to think that it was just the right place to share this story. ff you want to know what drove my interest and eventual determination to acquire survival skills and pass them on to my boys, go ahead and read the Medium article "They Taught Me How To Survive," he said.  The link is a 'friend link,' so you don't need to worry about the paywall here.  Just enjoy the story, and feel free to leave a comment here, or there. 

And...

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment